Information about ticket sales, subscriptions and series, payment options, discounts, the ticket swap service, the seating plan, introductory talks and the webshop.
How to book
- You can book online via ‘Programme’ (click ‘buy tickets’).
- Tickets are also available from the box office: Amstel 3, Amsterdam.
- During opening hours, you can book by phone: 020 625 5455
- You can pay by credit card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express) or by bank transfer. The tickets will be sent to you on receipt of payment. An additional € 1 will be charged for sending or collecting cards, this is not taken into account for e-tickets.
View the opening hours of the Dutch National Opera & Ballet box office here
Advance ticket sales
Tickets for opera performances in the 2018-2019 season go on sale on these dates:
- Tuesday June 5, 2018 at noon:
- Die Zauberflöte, Jenufa, Il barbiere di Siviglia, Oedipe
- Saturday September 1, 2018 at noon:
- aus LICHT
- Tuesday September 11, 2018 at noon:
- Porgy and Bess, Juditha Triumphans, Tannhäuser
- Tuesday October 16, 2018 at noon the performances in the Opera Forward Festival 2019:
- Girls of the Golden West, Caruso a Cuba, Fin de partie, The Second Violinist
- Tuesday January 15, 2019 at noon:
- Tannhäuser, Madama Butterfly, Pelléas et Mélisande
Ballet performances go on sale on June 1 for the upcoming season.
Tickets for Dutch National Opera performances at venues other than National Opera & Ballet can be purchased at the box office. Tickets for ballet performances at venues other than National Opera & Ballet can be purchased at the theatre where the performance will take place.
You may still have a chance! Numbers are drawn at the box office 60 minutes before curtain. All unclaimed tickets are sold 30 minutes before curtain in number order (maximum two tickets per person).
For all performances within Dutch National Opera & Ballet we use a system of dynamic pricing. The closer to the premiere date, the greater the chance of a higher ticket price. Book early and save.