Wayne McGregor (1970, Stockport, United Kingdom) is known for his revolutionary cross-overs between dance, film, music, visual art, technology and science. His work is characterised by power and raw emotions.
Wayne McGregor is the artistic director of his company Random Dance, resident company at Sadler’s Wells, one of the most prestigious dance theatres in the world. Random Dance has performed in Dutch National Opera & Ballet repeatedly, most recently with FAR.
Simultaneously, he is guest choreographer at Teatro alla Scala in Milan, the Stuttgarter Ballett, the Bolshoi Ballet and The Royal Ballet. McGregor is also asked for video clips, including those for Radiohead and Atoms for Piece. Furthermore, he was the movement director in several theatre and film productions, such as Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
McGregor will debut at Dutch National Ballet with Chroma in Cool Britannia during the 2014-2015 season.
- 2012, Golden Mask Awards, Critics’ Prize for Chroma (Russia)
- 2011, Commander in the Order of the British Empire (United Kingdom)
- 2009, Benois de la Danse, Best Choreography for Infra
- 2009, South Bank Show Award (Dance) (United Kingdom) for Eternity and Infra
- 2009, Critics’ Circle Award (Classical Choreography) for Infra
- 2007, Olivier Award Best New Dance Production (United Kingdom) for Chroma
- 2007, South Bank Show Award (Dance) (United Kingdom) for Chroma
- 2007 Critics’ Circle Award (Classical Choreography) for Chroma
- 2006, Critics’ Circle Award (Modern Choreography) for Amu
- 2006, Critics’ Circle Award (Classical Choreography) for Infra