Information about ticket sales, subscriptions and series, payment options, discounts, the ticket exchange service, the seating plan, introductory talks and the webshop.
How to book
- You can book online via ‘Programme’ (click ‘buy tickets’).
- Tickets are also available from the box office: Amstel 3, Amsterdam. Please note: Pin only.
- During opening hours, you can book by phone: 020 625 5455
- You can pay by credit card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express) or by bank transfer. You can also pay online with a Podium Cadeaukaart. The tickets will be sent to you on receipt of payment. An additional € 1 will be charged for sending or collecting cards, this is not taken into account for e-tickets.
View the opening hours of the Dutch National Opera & Ballet box office here.
A subscription/series has many advantages. Follow the link below for an explanation and all the benefits of a subscription/series.
You cannot return your tickets, and we do not refund money - except to people living abroad.
However, you have two options for exchanging your tickets. You can directly exchange or sell your purchase using our Ticket Exchange service. This service is provided at no cost. You can also exchange your purchase through the box office. This can only be done over the phone and up to one day before the performance unless the box office is closed that day. In that case, you can only exchange tickets at the box office up to two days before the performance. The box office will charge € 3,00 per ticket for this service, plus any possible extra cost. Please check in advance whether there are enough seats available in the same price category on the date of your choice. You can reach our box office by phone at (020) 6 255 455.
With the Dutch National Opera & Ballet gift card you can enjoy all the beautiful things we have to offer.
Almost every performance at Dutch National Opera & Ballet is preceded by an introduction, which starts 45 minutes before the performance. The introduction takes place in the Odeonzaal (entrance on the ground floor) and is free for the audience. The speaker will be using sound amplification.
Tickets for wheelchair seating can only be ordered by phone or at the box office.
For all performances within Dutch National Opera & Ballet we use a system of dynamic pricing. The closer to the premiere date, the greater the chance of a higher ticket price. Book early and save.
Advance ticket sales
Tickets for Dutch National Opera performances at venues other than National Opera & Ballet can be purchased at the box office. Tickets for performances at venues other than National Opera & Ballet can be purchased at the theatre where the performance will take place.
Dutch National Opera & Ballet offers a discount on the price of admission when presenting a CJP, Stadspas Amsterdam and to youth up to 16 years old. A last minute admission price of € 19 applies to students, available at the box office from 1½ hours before the performance. Tickets for the student rate can also be purchased online from 13:00 on the day of the performance. Please note that the relevant discount card or student ID must be shown when entering the theater.
- Click here for a list of all discounts
- My Muse & Me members can reserve tickets at a discount one day before the performance of a production. For more information, click here.
- A group booking is possible for all productions from 15 people upwards. For more information, please click here.
- For tailor-made programmes, events and arrangements: click here to read what the possibilities are.
You can find seating plans for the opera and ballet performances below.
Surtitles Dutch National Opera
Surtitles are available from all ranks, in both Dutch and English.
Maybe you can still be present at the performance! Serial numbers are available at the box office from one hour before the start of the performance. All uncollected tickets will be sold half an hour before the start of the show, with a maximum of two tickets per person, in order of attendance.
In our official webshop, you will find the most beautiful gifts, books, DVDs and much more! Take a look at our online shop via the link below.