Information about ticket sales, subscriptions and series, payment options, discounts, the ticket exchange service, the seating plan, introductory talks and the webshop.
How to book
- You can book online via ‘Programme’ (click ‘buy tickets’).
- Tickets are also available from the box office: Amstel 3, Amsterdam. Please note: Pin only.
- During opening hours, you can book by phone: 020 625 5455
- You can pay by credit card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express) or by bank transfer. The tickets will be sent to you on receipt of payment. An additional € 1 will be charged for sending or collecting cards, this is not taken into account for e-tickets.
View the opening hours of the Dutch National Opera & Ballet box office here.
You can't return your cards, we don't give money back - except to people living abroad.
However, you can exchange your tickets by telephone at the Kassa. This is possible up to 1 day before the performance. We charge € 3 per ticket, plus any difference in price. Please contact the box office: (020) 6 255 455.
You can also try to exchange or sell your tickets via the Ticket Exchange.
How can I redeem my refund voucher
When you place a ticket order, you can redeem your refund voucher. When you arrive at the page 'Gegevens bestelling', you click on the button 'Bon verzilveren'. You select the option 'tegoedbon'. After that, you will be asked for two numbers:
Gift certificate number: You can fill in your voucher number here.
Gift certificate Redemption Number: You can fill in the code of your voucher here.
After that, you click on 'doorgaan'. You have now chosen to pay with your voucher and you can complete your order.
Tickets for wheelchair seating can only be ordered by phone or at the box office.
For all performances within Dutch National Opera & Ballet we use a system of dynamic pricing. The closer to the premiere date, the greater the chance of a higher ticket price. Book early and save.
Advance ticket sales
Tickets for Dutch National Opera performances at venues other than National Opera & Ballet can be purchased at the box office. Tickets for ballet performances at venues other than National Opera & Ballet can be purchased at the theatre where the performance will take place.
Dutch National Opera & Ballet offers a discount on the price of admission when presenting a CJP, Stadspas Amsterdam or Cultuurkaart, and to youth up to 16 years old. A last minute admission price of € 19 applies to students, available at the box office from 1½ hours before the performance. Tickets for the student rate can also be purchased online from 13:00 on the day of the performance. Please note that the relevant discount card or student ID must be shown when entering the theater.
- Click here for a list of all discounts
- My Muse & Me members can reserve tickets at a discount one day before the performance of a production. For more information, click here.
- A group booking is possible for all productions from 15 people upwards. For more information, please click here.
- For tailor-made programmes, events and arrangements: click here to read what the possibilities are.
Surtitles Dutch National Opera
Surtitles are available from all ranks, in both Dutch and English.
Maybe you can still be present at the performance! Serial numbers are available at the box office from one hour before the start of the performance. All uncollected tickets will be sold half an hour before the start of the show, with a maximum of two tickets per person, in order of attendance.