Studio Wayne McGregor supports an eclectic network of creators, including - but not limited to - dancers, writers, composers, coders, scientists and software engineers. The space is based at Here East in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, and is designed to spark creativity, expression and making.
Wayne McGregor is Resident Choreographer at The Royal Ballet, where his productions reconfigure the classical language. He is Professor of Choreography at Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance and has an Honorary Doctor of Science from Plymouth University and an Honorary Doctor of Letters from University of Leeds. In 2017 he was awarded an Honorary Fellowship of the British Science Association. In 2019, he was made an Honorary Doctor from UAL and University of Chester.
McGregor has works in the repertories of, ballet companies around the world, including Paris Opera Ballet, Alvin Ailey, New York City Ballet, Bolshoi Ballet, Royal Danish Ballet and San Francisco Ballet. He has choreographed for theatre, opera, film (Harry Potter, Sing, Mary Queen of Scots), music videos (Radiohead, The Chemical Brothers), fashion (Soma for COS, Gareth Pugh at London Fashion Week, Nick Knight for SHOWstudio), campaigns (Selfridges, Boots No 7) and TV.
He has been awarded four Critics' Circle National Dance Awards, two Time Out Awards, two South Bank Show Awards, two Olivier Awards, a prix Benois de la Danse and two Golden Mask Awards. In 2011, McGregor was awarded a CBE for Services to Dance.
Photo: Pål Hansen
- 2018, Critics' Circle National Dance Award for Best Classical Choreography, Yugen (nominatie)
- 2016, Critics' Circle National Dance Award for Best Classical Choreography, Woolf Works
- 2015, Manchester Theatre Awards for Best Design, Tree of codes
- 2014, Dance Magazine Award
- 2012, Golden Mask Awards, Critics’ Prize for Chroma (Russia)
- 2011, Commander in the Order of the British Empire (United Kingdom)
- 2009, Benois de la Danse, Best Choreography for Infra
- 2009, South Bank Show Award (Dance) (United Kingdom) for Entity and Infra
- 2009, Critics’ Circle Award (Classical Choreography) for Infra
- 2007, Olivier Award Best New Dance Production (United Kingdom) for Chroma
- 2007, South Bank Show Award (Dance) (United Kingdom) for Chroma
- 2007 Critics’ Circle Award (Classical Choreography) for Chroma
- 2006, Critics’ Circle Award (Modern Choreography) for Amu
- 2003, Time Out Award for Outstanding Choreography (PreSentient)
- 2001, Time Out Award for Outstanding Choreography (Symbiont(s))