Dutch National Ballet presents
A festive suprise program for the whole family
December is traditionally the month of ballet. In no other month so many people, all over the world, visit a ballet performance. This year everything is different, but we still want to celebrate the holidays together with you. Right now we need art and the opportunity to immerse ourselves in a magical world more than ever. That's why Dutch National Ballet is organising an exuberant, festive Christmas Gala. Enjoy this exclusive night full of famous pas de deux and new works live online with the whole family and let yourself be enchanted by an abundance of Broadway glamour and wintery snowflakes.
ORDER YOUR ONLINE TICKET BELOW
Livestream on 19 December
Do you want to experience the Christmas Gala live at your home? Then buy a ticket following this roadmap:
- Click on the performance in the ticket bar or click above on the button ‘I want access’ and then once again to watch the Christmas Gala for only €15,00
- We ask for a one-time registration. This will take less than 1 minute and can be done with your Gmail or your Facebook account. You can also choose to create an account with your own email address.
- Note: you cannot login with the account you normally use when you purchase tickets for performances in our theatre. You have to register again.
- After you have created an account, you will be logged in automatically. Click again on 'I want access'. You will be directed to the payment module.
- Once you have entered the payment module, choose wich payment method you want to use: iDeal or Creditcard. Fill in the details and click on 'Pay'.You will then be redirected to the video page within the website of Dutch National Opera & Ballet. Important: If you have paid using iDeal, you are not automatically redirect to the webshop. You have to click on 'Back to webshop' to be redirected.
- After you have been redirected to the webshop, you will see the text 'Succes!' appear on your screen. This means the payment was succesful. Click on the button 'Go to video' to return to the stream.
- If you do not immediately see the text 'You have purchased the video" where you first saw the text "I want access", refresh/reload this page. A way to refresh the page is by using the 'f5' key on your keyboard.
Has the purchase been succesful?
You can enjoy the Christmas Gala live on 19 December. Log in on this page again in order to watch the online program. Our online doors will open one hour before the start of the performance, at 19:15. Start the livestream of the performance on time and experience Back to Ballet - classic at home!
Please note! This online performance is a livestream. Make sure you purchase your ticket on time and that you are ready well in advance of the start of the online performance. The performance will not be available afterwards.
Frequently asked questions
Do you need more help? These are examples of frequently asked questions:
How do I get access to a certain stream?
Can I also watch a paid stream without an account?
Is your question not listed above? Click here for technical support. For other questions, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 6255 455. The ticket office is available from Monday until Friday from 12.00 until 18.00 hours and Saturday, Sunday and holidays from 12.00 until 15.00 hours.
From Nutcracker to Broadway Glamour
The gala programme shows a cross-section of Dutch National Ballet's rich, versatile repertoire, with excerpts from the great ballet classics, masterpieces by international master choreographers and premieres created especially for the occasion.
For example, you will see the passionate balcony-pas de deux from Rudi van Dantzig's Romeo and Juliet and scenes from the Christmas ballet par excellence: The Nutcracker & the Mouse King, including the enchanting dance of the Snowflakes. Grandmaster George Balanchine provides a good dose of glamour, with parts from his delectable Broadway ballet Who Cares?, to the playful evergreens of composer George Gershwin.
Hans van Manen and the British top choreographer Wayne McGregor are also represented with contemporary masterpieces and the programme also contains various surprises. Including world premieres by associate artist David Dawson and the Dutch Wubkje Kuindersma, which was included by the leading American Dance Magazine in its 'Top 25 to watch list for 2019'.
Dutch Ballet Orchestra conducted by Matthew Rowe
Dutch Ballet Orchestra
Since its inception in 1965, the orchestra has been proud to accompany its partners, Dutch National Ballet and Nederlands Dans Theater. The working method is unique in the Netherlands. Dutch Ballet Orchestra, with Matthew Rowe as principal conductor, consists of a regular core of 45 musicians, supported where necessary by highly qualified guest performers. This gives the orchestra its unique character: flexible, dynamic and high-quality.