Dutch National Ballet presents
A festive surprise program for the whole family
December is traditionally the month of ballet. In no other month so many people, all over the world, visit a ballet performance. This year everything is different, but we still want to celebrate the holidays together with you. Right now we need art and the opportunity to immerse ourselves in a magical world more than ever. That's why Dutch National Ballet is organising an exuberant, festive Christmas Gala. Enjoy this exclusive night full of famous pas de deux and new works online with the whole family and let yourself be enchanted by an abundance of Broadway glamour and wintery snowflakes.
ORDER YOUR ONLINE TICKET BELOW
The replay on the 27th of December will be available 24 hours from 12.00
Replay on 27 December
By popular demand, we are bringing you a replay of the Christmas Gala on Sunday 27 December. The performance will be available for 24 hours from 12:00 CET. This way we can also give people in a different time zone and the youngest ballet fans for whom the evening performance was too late the chance to enjoy our special Christmas programme. Our Support Team is available from 12:00 until 20:00 CET to answer any questions you may have.
Your ticket purchase step by step
Do you want to experience the Christmas Gala at your home? Then buy a ticket following this step-by-step plan:
- Click on the performance in the ticket bar or click above on the button ‘I want access’ and then once again to watch the Christmas Gala for only €15,00
- We ask for a one-time registration. This will take less than 1 minute and can be done with your Gmail or your Facebook account. You can also choose to create an account with your own email address.
- Note: you cannot login with the account you normally use when you purchase tickets for performances in our theatre. You have to register again.
- After you have created an account, you will be logged in automatically. Click again on 'I want access'. You will be directed to the payment module.
- Once you have entered the payment module, choose wich payment method you want to use: iDeal or Creditcard. Fill in the details and click on 'Pay'.You will then be redirected to the video page within the website of Dutch National Opera & Ballet. Important: If you have paid using iDeal, you are not automatically redirect to the webshop. You have to click on 'Back to webshop' to be redirected.
- After you have been redirected to the webshop, you will see the text 'Succes!' appear on your screen. This means the payment was succesful. Click on the button 'Go to video' to return to the stream.
- If you do not immediately see the text 'You have purchased the video" where you first saw the text "I want access", refresh/reload this page. A way to refresh the page is by using the 'f5' key on your keyboard.
Has the purchase been succesful?
You can enjoy the Christmas Gala on 27 December. Log in on this page again in order to watch the online performance. Start the online performance on time and experience the Christmas Gala at home!
Frequently asked questions
Do you need more help? These are examples of frequently asked questions:
How do I get access to a certain stream?
Can I also watch a paid stream without an account?
Is your question not listed above? Click here for technical support. For other questions, send an e-mail to email@example.com or call 020 5518 044. The ticket office is available from Monday until Friday from 12:00 until 18:00 hours and Saturday from 12:00 until 15:00 hours. We are not able to answer questions on Sundays and holidays (with the exception of Sunday 27 December from 12:00 to 20:00).
From Nutcracker to Broadway Glamour
The gala programme shows a cross-section of Dutch National Ballet's rich, versatile repertoire, with excerpts from the great ballet classics, masterpieces by international master choreographers and premieres created especially for the occasion.
For example, you will see the passionate balcony-pas de deux from Rudi van Dantzig's Romeo and Juliet and scenes from the Christmas ballet par excellence: The Nutcracker & the Mouse King, including the enchanting dance of the Snowflakes. John Cranko's Onegin shows in incredible choreographical richness a Russian love drama.
First soloists Jessica Xuan and Jakob Feyerflik will be dancing the beautiful pas de deux Grand pas classique, choreographed by Victor Gsovsky. Grandmaster George Balanchine provides a good dose of glamour, with parts from his delectable Broadway ballet Who Cares?, to the playful evergreens of composer George Gershwin.
Hans van Manen and the British top choreographer Wayne McGregor are also represented with contemporary masterpieces and the programme also contains various surprises. Including world premieres by associate artist David Dawson and the Dutch Wubkje Kuindersma, which was included by the leading American Dance Magazine in its 'Top 25 to watch list for 2019'. First soloists Anna Tsygankova and Constantine Allen will be dancing Christopher Wheeldons amazing, intimate choreography Duet.
The presentation of this versatile evening is in the hands of Milouska Meulens. Previously she made an online mini-series with Dutch National Ballet in the run-up to our performance Frida.
Curious about the cast and our entire programme? Have a look here:
Dutch Ballet Orchestra conducted by Matthew Rowe
Dutch Ballet Orchestra
Since its inception in 1965, the orchestra has been proud to accompany its partners, Dutch National Ballet and Nederlands Dans Theater. The working method is unique in the Netherlands. Dutch Ballet Orchestra, with Matthew Rowe as principal conductor, consists of a regular core of 45 musicians, supported where necessary by highly qualified guest performers. This gives the orchestra its unique character: flexible, dynamic and high-quality.