Before coming to the Netherlands in 2007, Anna Tsygankova (Novosibirsk, Russia) had already had an impressive career as a principal. She danced with the famous Bolshoi Ballet, the Hungarian National Ballet – where she still performs regularly as a guest artist – and the Wiener Staatsballett. Anna trained at the ballet academy in Novosibirsk and the Académie de Danse Princesse Grace in Monte Carlo. She has won several international dance awards, and received the Alexandra Radius Prize in 2008, one year after joining the Dutch National Ballet. This was followed by a nomination for a ‘Zwaan’ award for Most Impressive Dance Achievement by the VSCD for her role as Kitri in Don Quichot in 2011. Along with her partner Matthew Golding, Anna is in great demand as a guest artist at dance galas abroad, which has contributed to her name being in the top 100 international dancers in the magazine Dance Europe in 2012.
In 2013 she was nominated for the Benois de la Danse prize in Christopher Wheeldon’s Cinderella, and in 2014 she won the Grand Prix of the Dance Open Festival 2014 in St Petersburg (Russia) and in 2016 she won the Mrs. Expressivity award. At the Dutch Dance Festival in 2016, Anna Tsygankova was presented with the ‘Zwaan’ award for ‘most impressive dance achievement’, for her interpretation of the title role in Dutch National Ballet’s Mata Hari. In 2017 Anna was 'Dancer of the Year' - Critic's Choice and she will be honoured by the Dutch Dansersfonds '79 with the 'Merit Award'.
You can see Anna on these DVDs: Cinderella, Nutcracker, Giselle & Don Quichot
- With Dutch National Ballet since: 2007
- Place of birth: Novosibirsk (Russia)
- Career with Dutch National Ballet: Principal (2007)
- Previously danced with: Bolshoi Ballet (Moscow, Russia), Hungarian National Ballet (Budapest, Hungary), Wiener Staatsballett (Vienna, Austria)
- Training: Ballet Academy (Novosibirsk, Russia), Académie de Danse Princesse Grace (Monte Carlo, Monaco)
- Awards: 2017 Merit Award - Dansersfonds '79; 2017 Dancer of the Year - Critic's Choice; 2016 Mrs. Expressivity award, Dance Open Festival, St. Petersburg; 2014 Grand Prix, Dance Open Festival, St Petersburg; 2012, Nomination Benois de la Danse; 2008, Alexandria Radius Award; 1996, International Balletconcours, bronze; 1995, Prix de Lausanne (Switzerland), silver;