Kate Myklukha discovered her passion for dance in a different way: at the age of three she started figure skating, but when she went to the Kyiv Choreographic College “Kiyanochka”, she realised that it was ballet where her heart was. When she was nine years old, she went to the Kyiv State Ballet School. Here, as an apprentice, she later performed the leading roles in La Peri, Coppelia and The Nutcracker.
In 2021, Kate joined the company of the National Opera of Ukraine, where she danced in productions such as Swan Lake, Giselle and Raymonda. Furthermore, she won several awards at Grand Prix Munich (2019) and the Grand Prix Kiev International Ballet Festival (2019, 2021).
In June 2023, Dutch National Ballet said farewell to Kate Myklukha. She moved back to Kyiv, where she has taken her place in the ballet company again.
With Dutch National Ballet since:
Place of Birth:
Career with Dutch National Ballet:
Junior Company (2022)
Previously danced with:
National Opera of Ukraine (Kyiv, Ukraine)
Kyiv State Ballet School (Ukraine)
- 2021: Third prize 8th Beijing International Ballet Invitational for Dance Schools
- 2021: First prize Grand Prix Kyiv International Ballet Festival
- 2019: First prize Grand Prix Munich
- 2019: Third prize Grand Prix Kyiv International Ballet Festival
- 2017: Second prize International Competition of Classical and Modern Choreography "Mysl-potok"