Floor Eimers (Nijmegen) trained as a dancer with the Royal Conservatoire in The Hague. In 2012, she joined Dutch National Ballet as an adspirant, where she went through the ranks of élève, corps de ballet and coryphée, becoming a grand sujet in 2017. In 2019, Floor made her debut in the dual role of Odette/Odile in Swan Lake. At the start of season 2019-2020 Floor was promoted to the rank of soloist.
In 2011, Floor won the Dutch TV competition ‘De avond van de jonge danser’, following which she took part in the Eurovision Young Dancers competition, coming in sixth place. In 2012, she reached the semi-finals of the prestigious Prix de Lausanne, and in 2015 she received the Incentive Award from Stichting Dansersfonds ’79. The authoritative British magazine Dance Europe mentioned Floor in October 2020 in its annual Critics’ Choice, in the category ‘Outstanding performance by a female dancer’.
With Dutch National Ballet since:
Place of birth:
Nijmegen (the Netherlands)
Career with Dutch National Ballet:
Soloist (2019), Grand sujet (2017), Coryphée (2016), Corps de ballet (2014), Élève (2013), aspirant (2012).
Royal Consevatoire (The Hague, the Netherlands).
- 2020, Critic's Choice, Outstanding performance by a female dancer
- 2015 Incentive Award, Stichting Dansersfonds ’79
- 2012, Burgemeester de Bruinprijs
- 2012, Prix de Lausanne (Zwitserland), halve-finaliste
- 2011, Dansersfonds '79, scholarship
- 2011, Night of the Young Dancer, 1st 2012, Burgemeester de Bruinprijs 2012, Prix de Lausanne (Switzerland), semi-finalist