Riho Sakamoto (Osaka, Japan) began her ballet training at the age of four. She trained in Japan for a few years, moving when she was ten to Washington DC, where she continued her training at the Kirov Academy of Ballet. In 2010, she won the gold medal at the finals of the Youth America Grand Prix, in New York.
In 2014, Riho was accepted for the Dutch National Ballet’s Junior Company, transferring to Dutch National Ballet in 2016, where she joined the corps de ballet. The following year, she was promoted to coryphée and in 2018 to grand sujet. Riho has given impressive interpretations of various main roles and title roles, leading to her promotion to soloist with Dutch National Ballet at the start of season 2019-2020.
- With Dutch National Ballet since: 2014
- Place of birth: Osaka (Japan)
- Career with Dutch National Ballet: Soloist (2019), Grand sujet (2018), Coryphée (2017), Corps de ballet (2016), Élève (2015), Junior Company (2014)
- Training: Kirov Academy of Ballet (Washington DC, United States)
- Awards: Youth America Grand Prix, gold medal