The Chinese Jessica Xuan (Beijing) studied dance at Canada's National Ballet School in Toronto and at the National Ballet Academy in Amsterdam.
In 2013, she was one of the first batch of dancers of the Dutch National Ballet's Junior Company. In 2014, in the rank of élève, she joined the Dutch National Ballet, where she joined the corps de ballet a year later. After that, her career progressed quickly. In 2016 she was promoted to coryphée, in 2018 she was promoted to grand sujet after her successful debut as Aurora in The Sleeping Beauty. In 2019 she was promoted to soloist and immediately after her first performance of the title role in Giselle, last February, artistic director Ted Brandsen appointed her and her dance partner in this ballet Semyon Velichko as principals.
Jessica won the International Ballet Competition in Varna, Bulgaria in 2018. This biennial ballet competition, in which some 150 dancers from 40 countries take part, is also known as the 'Olympiad of ballet'.
- With Dutch National Ballet since: 2013
- Place of birth: Beijing (China)
- Career with Dutch National Ballet: Principal (2020), Soloist (2019), Grand sujet (2018), Coryphée (2016), Élève (2014), Junior Company (2013)
- Training: Canada's National Ballet School (Toronto, Canada), National Ballet Academy (Amsterdam, the Netherlands)
- Awards: 2018- International Ballet Competition in Varna, Bulgaria