Sho Yamada comes from Niigata (Japan). He trained at the Princess Grace Academy, in Monte Carlo, Monaco. In 2017, he was nominated by the British magazine Dance Europe in their Critics’ Choice as ‘New name to watch’. Sho joined the Dutch National Ballet’s Junior Company in 2013. A year later, he transferred to Dutch National Ballet, where he was subsequently promoted to élève, corps de ballet, coryphée and, in 2018, to grand sujet. In 2018, Sho made his exciting debut in the role of Basilio in Alexei Ratmansky’s Don Quichot. Sho has been promoted to soloist at the start of the 2019/2020 season.
- With Dutch National Ballet since: 2013
- Place of birth: Niigata (Japan)
- Career with Dutch National Ballet: Soloist (2019), Grand sujet (2018), Coryphée (2017), Élève (2014), Junior Company (2013)
- Training: Académie de Danse Princesse Grace (Monte Carlo, Monaco)
- Awards: 2017, 'New name to watch' - Critic's Choice