Edo Wijnen was born in Deurne in Belgium. He studied at the Royal Ballet School in Antwerp. Edo has won several major awards, including de Youth America Grand Prix, first prize at Dance Europe and the Prix de Lausanne. He started dancing with Dutch National Ballet in 2010 as Aspirant and in 2015 he was promoted to Soloist. In 2017 he was honored by Critic's Choice for his performance in Citizen Nowhere, a ballet by Associate Artist David Dawson from the programme Made in Amsterdam. For his role in this ballet, Edo Wijnen also received a Swan nomination for most impressive dance performance in 2017. During the Gala 2019 Edo received the Alexandra Radiusaward because, apart from Citizen Nowhere, he also distinguished himself in Van Manen's Kleines Requiem, Ratmansky's Serenade, Arqués' Ignite, Van Dantzig's Swan Lake and Forsythes Pas/Parts.
- With Dutch National Ballet since: 2010
- Place of birth: Deurne (Belgium)
- Career with Dutch National Ballet: Soloist (2015), grand sujet (2014), coryphée (2012), corps de ballet (2012), élève (2011), aspirant (2010)
- Training: Royal Ballet School (Antwerp, Belgium)
- Awards: 2019, Alexandra Radiusprijs 2019 2017, honored by Critic's Choice; 2017, Swan nomination for most impressive dance performance; 2010, Youth America Grand Prix (New York City, United States), 1st; 2010, Dance Europe, Outstanding Artistry Award; 2009, Prix de Lausanne (Switzerland), scholarship, 4th, and Prix d’interpretation de danse contemporaine