Qian Liu was born in Henan (China). She studied at the Liaoning Ballet Dance School in Shenyang. Qian has won several major awards, including the first prize in the Tao Li Cap Dance Competition in China and the Tokyo Ballet Competition (Japan), both in 2006. In 2008 she won the CCTV National Dance Competition (China) and in 2009, the Seoul Ballet Competition (South Korea). She started dancing with Dutch National Ballet in 2012 as a member of the corps the Ballet, in 2013 she was promoted to coryphée and later, in that same year, to soloist. December 2016 Qian was promoted to principal.
- With Dutch National Ballet since: 2012
- Place of birth: Henan (China)
- Career with Dutch National Ballet: Principal (2016), Soloist (2013), coryphée (2013), corps de ballet (2012)
- Training: Liaoning Ballet School (Shenyang, China)
- Awards: 2011, Seoul Ballet Competition (Seoul, South Korea), 1st 2009, CCTV National Dance Competition (China), 1st 2008, Tokyo Ballet Competition (Tokyo, Japan), 1st 2006, Tao Li Cap Dance Competition (China), 1st 2006, Seoul Ballet Competition (Seoul, South Korea), 2nd