We are happy to help you
Do you have a question about streaming an online performance? We have listed frequently asked questions below.
Logging in and before streaming:
Where can I find the online stream of a performance?
The streams will be published on operaballet.nl/en/online
How do I get access to a certain stream?
You choose a performance on operaballet.nl/online and you click on the button 'I want access'. A new window will open and you click again on 'I want access'. You will be asked to log in. This can be done with your Gmail or your Facebook account. You can also choose to create an account with your own email address. To do so, click on 'Register' at the top. Fill in your details and click on the 'Register' button. Note: you cannot login with the account you normally use when you purchase tickets for performances in our theatre. You have to register again. You have now created an account and will be logged in automatically. Click again on 'I want access'. You will be directed to the payment module.
Once you have entered the payment module, choose wich payment method you want to use: iDeal or Creditcard. Fill in the details and click on 'Pay'. Important: click on 'Back to webshop' after this. You will then be redirected to the video page within the website of Dutch National Opera & Ballet. You will see the text 'Succes!' appear on your screen. This means the payment was succesful. Click on the button 'Go to video' to return to the stream. If you do not immediately see the text 'You have purchased the video" where you first saw the text "I want access", refresh/reload this page. A way to refresh the page is by using the 'f5' key on your keyboard.
If you have created an account with your email address, you will receive a confirmation from Inplayer of your payment in the inbox of this email adress.
From the start date to the end date, as stated on the video page, you can enjoy the video at any time.
Can I also watch a paid stream without an account?
You can log in with your Gmail or Facebook account or you can create a new account with your email address. It is not possible to watch a paid stream without an account.
Can I log in with my Dutch National Opera & Ballet account when I purchase an online ticket?
You can log in with your Gmail or Facebook account or you can create a new account with your email address. It is not possible to log in with your DNO&B account.
I have purchased the stream, but I do not have access?
Refresh the page. Please note: in order to watch te stream, you have to be logged in with the email adress you used to purchase the stream.
How do I get acces to the stream after my online ticket order?
If you have purchased a ticket for a livestream, you receive a welcome e-mail with a link to the online performance. If you have purchased a stream that is already online, you can find this performance on www.operaballet.nl/en/online.
I have not received a confirmation email. What should I do?
You always receive a confirmation email from Inplayer. If you have not received this email, please check your spam folder and make sure you are searching in the inbox of the email adress you used to purchase the stream.
If you have purchased a ticket for a livestream you will also receive a welcome email from Dutch National Opera & Ballet. If you have purchased a regular stream, you will not receive a welcome email.
Which payment methods are available for the purchase of a stream?
We accepts payments with iDeal and Creditcard.
How long in advance can I log in to the stream?
From half an hour before the stream is available (see the answer to the question "How do I get acces to the stream after my online ticket order?"), you can open the link from your email to get access to the stream. You will see the text "Watch the performance here from 19:00".
Please note that the stream will not start until the announced moment. Therefore, the play button will not appear until 19:00. When you see the play button appear on your screen, you can click on it and watch the stream. This means the stream does not start automatically!
From when will the streams be available?
You will find the starting moment of the streamings here: operaballet.nl/en/online
How long will the stream of the performance be available to me?
From the purchase of your online ticket you have access to the stream until the end date as stated on the video page.
Is the online ticket for a stream transferable to others?
The link that grants you access to a stream is linked to the account with which you have logged in and is therefore non-transferable.
Can I use the voucher I received as a compensation for a cancelled performance to purchase an online stream?
No, the voucher you received as a compensation for a cancelled performance, with a number and letter code, is not the same as a voucher code for an online performance. You can only use your compensation voucher for a performance that takes place in the theatre and not for an online performance.
I have received a discount code, how can I redeem this code?
A brief explanation:
- You click on the button 'I want access'. A new window will open. You click again on 'I want access'.
- You will be asked to log in. This can be done with your Gmail or your Facebook account. You can also choose to create an account with your own email address.To do so, click on 'Register' at the top. Fill in your details and click on the 'Register' button. You have now created an account and will be logged in automatically.
- Note: you cannot login with the account you normally use when you purchase tickets for performances in our theatre. You have to register again.
- Click again on 'I want access'. You will be directed to the payment module. Click on 'Voucher toevoegen' and enter your code here which you received by email. Double check if you fill in the code correctly. Please note: The code is case sensitive.
- You will see the text 'Succes!' appear on your screen. This means the (free) payment was successful. Click on the button 'Go to video' to return to the stream.
- Unfortunately, every browser does not yet automatically return the visitor to the player with direct access. Sometimes people need to refresh their screen (we are working on this). A way to refresh your screen is by using the 'f5' key on your keyboard.
- If a voucher is used, visitors do NOT receive a payment confirmation email because nothing has been paid.
- When you want to watch the stream, go to the webpage of this online performance. There you will see the text 'You have purchased this video'.
- Click on the video when you want to watch it and enjoy the online performance!
Can I purchase the stream to give it to someone else?
Unfortunately, this is not (yet) possible. This is, because you have access to the stream via the personal account (Facebook, Google or e-mail) you have created.
Streaming the performance to your television
How can I stream the performance to my television?
If you want to watch the stream on your television, you have to connect a streaming device to your television. The most common streaming devices are Apple TV and Google Chromecast.
The streaming icon does not appear on the screen.
The stream is faltering. What can I do?
When the stream is faltering, this can be caused by multiple things, like a slow internet connection.
Here are a few suggestions:
- Lower the video quality. To do this, click on the gearwheel in the bottom right corner of your screen. Click on Video Quality. Click on 360p.
- Make sure both your phone and your streaming device are connected to the same Wi-Fi connection.
- Do you use a Google Chromecast? Open www.operaballet.nl/en/online in the browser Google Chrome. Start the stream from this browser.
- Do you use Apple TV? Open www.operaballet.nl/en/online in the browser Safari. Start the stream from this browser.
- Check your internet connection. You can execute a speed test here. Unfortunately, some connections are to slow to play high quality videos without buffering. For example, if you want to stream in HD quality, we recommend a speed of at least 5Mbps. If your internet connection is slower than 5Mbps, your connection speed is possibly to slow to stream the video.
How do I turn on the subtitles for the opera?
Click on the gearwheel in the bottom right corner of your screen. You can turn on the subtitles here.
Is your question not listed above?
Feel free to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 6255 455. The ticket office is available from Monday until Friday from 12:00 until 18:00 hours and Saturday, Sunday and holidays from 12:00 until 15:00 hours.