Information about ticket sales, subscriptions and series, payment options, discounts, the ticket swap service, the seating plan, introductory talks and the webshop.
How to book
- You can book online via ‘Programme’ (click ‘buy tickets’).
- Tickets are also available from the box office: Amstel 3, Amsterdam.
- During opening hours, you can book by phone: 020 625 5455
- You can pay by credit card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express) or by bank transfer. The tickets will be sent to you on receipt of payment. There is a surcharge for sending the tickets you have ordered or for picking them up.
View the opening hours of the Dutch National Opera & Ballet box office here
Advance ticket sales
Tickets for opera performances in the 2017-2018 season go on sale on four different dates:
- Tuesday June 6, 2017 at 12:00 noon:
- La forza del destino, Eliogabalo, Eine florentinische Tragödie/Gianni Schicchi, La bohème and Little Dog's Heart
- Tuesday September 19, 2017 at 12:00 noon:
- Tristan und Isolde, The Rake’s Progress, Das Floß der Medusa, Trouble in Tahiti/Clemency, La morte d’Orfeo and Gurre-Lieder.
- Tuesday January 17, 2018 at 12:00 noon:
- Opera Forward Festival (except Trouble in Tahiti/Clemency and La morte d’Orfeo)
- Tuesday February 6, 2018 at 12:00 noon:
- La clemenza di Tito, Les contes d’Hoffmann and Lessons in Love and Violence
Ballet performances in the 2017-2018 season go on sale on Thursday June 1, 2017.
Tickets for Dutch National Opera performances at venues other than National Opera & Ballet can be purchased at the box office. Tickets for ballet performances at venues other than National Opera & Ballet can be purchased at the theatre where the performance will take place.
You may still have a chance! Numbers are drawn at the box office 60 minutes before curtain. All unclaimed tickets are sold 30 minutes before curtain in number order (maximum two tickets per person).
For all performances within Dutch National Opera & Ballet we use a system of dynamic pricing. The closer to the premiere date, the greater the chance of a higher ticket price. Book early and save.