High score for Dutch National Ballet in Critics' Choice
The leading dance magazine Dance Europe has published its nominations for the Critics’ Choice. There were high scores for Dutch National Ballet and its dancers!
* Dutch National Ballet was mentioned twice in the category ‘Company of the year’
* Igone de Jongh was mentioned in the category ‘Dancer of the year’ for her interpretation of the role of Marguerite Gautier in La Dame aux Camélias [photo: Igone with Marijn Rademaker], as was Jurgita Dronina, former principal with the company, for her role in Diamonds.
* Michaela DePrince and Nadine Drouin were mentioned in the category ‘New names to watch’
* Ted Brandsen was nominated for ‘Director of the year’
* Six dancers received a mention in the category ‘Outstanding performance’: Igone de Jongh, Maia Makhateli, Anna Tsygankova, Marijn Rademaker, Casey Herd and Edo Wijnen
* David Dawson’s Empire Noir was mentioned twice in the category ‘Best premiere’
The Critics' Choice is compiled by a jury of 15 editors who write for Dance Europe and other international dance publications. Each member of the jury compiled their own list of the best dancer of the season, dancers who have given outstanding performances, the best company of the season, the best director of the season and the best new productions of the past dance season.